I’m a huge fan of learning from others. Especially when they’re people who walk the talk & have a great track record.
If you somehow missed the new online conference everyone’s talking about, there’s still a tiny bit of time to sign up. Registration closes tonight at midnight CDT.
The roster of folks sharing what they’ve learned in the trenches is pretty amazing. Here’s just a few:
- Jon Ferguson — Lead Teaching Pastor, Community Christian Church
- Darrel Girardier — Creative Director, Brentwood Baptist Church
- Casey Graham — CEO & Founder, The Rocket Company
- Jay Kranda — Online Campus Pastor, Saddleback Church
- Scott McClellan — Communications Pastor, Irving Bible Church (Former editor of COLLIDE Magazine & director of Echo Conference)
- Carlos Whittaker — Author & Church Communications Specialist
- Tim Schraeder — Social media ninja, led campaigns for Hillsong United
- Blaine Hogan — Creative Director, Willow Creek Community Church
- Haley Veturis — Social Media Artisan, Saddleback Church
- Emily Cummins — Associate Director of Communications & Branding, Central Christian Chuch
- Mark Clement — Founder & CEO, Big Picture Media Group
- Jason Inman — Content Developer, LifeChurch.tv
- (I’m talking about the Keys to Communicating Change)
** A couple of things to note **
1) All of the talks are TED-style… 10 mins or less of the best stuff
2) Speakers will be chatting live & answering questions w/participants DURING their talks
3) If your schedule on Wednesday is looking a little hairy, the talks will be available again after the event for participants so you can watch them later
4) A private Facebook group has been set up for participants. Folks are already connecting & learning from each other
5) They’re including a bonus Facebook Ads Training (Which apparently I could use, as I’ve been rejected 3x so far–Thankfully I’m not talking about that)
I’m really excited to see how this event turns out. If you’re thinking about jumping on board, I’d recommend it.
Ps: Did I mention registration ends tonight at midnight?
What do these three things have in common? They’re all questions I was asked as part of a backstories with speakers series, hosted by the new online conference Foundations. If you missed it, be sure to check it out here
Speaking of Foundations, I may or may not have recorded this complete talk no less than 9 times. (Say this with me slowly… Nine. Times.)
We won’t get into how many partial recordings, editing hours, or times it was fully submitted as “done” before it was “re-done” were involved, lest my sanity be questioned. (Somewhere along the way, I may have crossed the line from just wanting to do a good job to, um… something else entirely.)
Needless to say, I’m finally feeling good about it & can’t wait to hear what you guys think.
If you haven’t registered yet, there’s still time. Best part is you don’t even need to leave your desk—Just save July 22nd. Also, rumor has it additional speakers have been added. These are folks I respect immensely & are too many to mention. (Check out the speaker section on the website & prepare to have your mind blown)
I am really excited to take part in a new conference that’s happening July 22nd. It’s entirely online (so no need to travel) and there are some pretty amazing friends joining me…
- Tim Schraeder (social media ninja, helped raise a boatload of cash for Hillsong United)
- Scott McClellan (communications pastor @ Irving Bible Church, prior grand poohbah of COLLIDE Magazine)
- Jon Ferguson (lead teaching pastor at Community Christian Church & all-around scary smart guy)
- Carlos Whittaker (brilliant musician, amazing at generating viral word-of-mouth, including this adorable video with over 7 million views)
- Brady Shearer (founder of Pro Church Tools & host of a great podcast I was privileged to be part of)
- Blaine Hogan (creative director @ Willow Creek & founder of a great coaching community Make Better)
- Vince Marotte (church communications specialist & prior fantastic backstage broadcast host of Cultivate << he actually arrived on a bicycle)
- Dave Shrein (wicked smart, author of The Communicators List & prior discussion leader of Cultivate)
Best part is until MIDNIGHT TONIGHT pricing has been rolled back to early bird rates of $89
Just use the promo code: Party (case sensitive)
It’s honestly one of the best ways to invest $89 and a few hours of your time. I can vouch for these guys. They’re legit. You’ll learn a ton. Totally worth it.
Hope to see you there!